|Indian Head Massage
The Indian Head Massage takes 45 to 50 minutes and is a powerful tool for releasing tension. You sit fully clothed and relaxed in a warm comfortable setting. There is a sequence of strokes used and you, the receiver, are consulted at all times about the dept of pressure you wish to experience during the treatment, staying within your range of comfort. The main feature of Indian Head Massage is to ease tension and bring about a sense of relaxation, well being and peace.
The Neck and Shoulders
Eases away muscle tension and increases the blood supply to clear toxins which may be stored in the muscles. Improves the oxygen supply to that area to promote healing, and
Stimulates Lymphatic drainage. IHM stretches and mobilises the muscle and soft tissues of the neck and shoulders which in turn restores joint mobility
Releases Scull and scalp tension
Improves the quality and texture of your hair
Tones up the subcutaneous muscle which will help to relieve headache and eye strain
Improves circulation to the scalp, strengthening the hair follicles
Relaxes, renews and rejuvenates the whole area of the face
Improves muscle tone and increases circulation to the skin
Smoothes away tension as the energy flow improves the overall appearance of the skin
- Restores joint mobility, stretching and mobilizing the muscular tissues of the neck and shoulders.
- Stimulation of ‘circulation’ to head and shoulders
- Increases lymphatic drainage, helping to remove toxins
- Soothes away stress and tension
- Relieves headaches and eyestrain
- Increases mental alertness
- Can aid against hair loss
- Promotes healthy hair growth
- Imparts feeling of general well-being
Indian Head Massage History
Head massage has been practiced in India for well over a thousand years. It was originally used by the women, who believed that regular massage of the scalp was a key to lustrous healthy beautiful hair. It was also popular among men who believed it delayed the stage of greying and strengthened the hair and reducing the onslaught of baldness.
As tight flakey scalp is a common symptom of stress, a selection of oils such as coconut,
sweet almond, sesame, HO-HO-BA and olive may be used.
This nourishes the skin and the hair roots, if left in overnight.
Today we live in stressful times and head massage can help to alleviate tension and create a calm, relaxed state of mind. A stimulating head massage can help to clarify the mind, enabling concentration without tension.
More than just a head massage, the therapy includes treatment of the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, head, and face. It covers the areas where we are most likely to feel the effects of stress and tension, helping to restore a sense of well-being. Headaches and heaviness are relieved, muscles unknotted and for many clients it can be a voyage of self discovery. Everyone benefits from therapeutic touch of Indian Head Massage, as the body is relaxed, revitalise and renew
2 Day Course - 10am. to 5.00pm approx
Course Contents Includes
- History of Indian Head Massage
- The Original Massage Techniques
- Anatomy of the upper body and Cranium
- Activating Secondary Chakras in your hands
- Sequence of strokes
- Massage of the Upper Back, Neck and Shoulders, The Head, The Face,
- Training focus’s on the appropriate use of pressure and methods of application.
- Effects of each stroke
- Face Mapping and Relaxation
- Contra-indications to Indian Head Massage
- Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Use of specific aids
- Structure / growth of the hair
- Conditions affecting the scalp, neck and shoulders Stress Management
- Using Oils
- Understanding the Chakras
- Preparation for treatment
- Review of Anatomy and Physiology
- Getting Started
- Taking of case histories
- Client handling / Care and other therapies
No prior experience in energy therapy is necessary
Two great days of learning. This is a wonderful treatment to use with your friends and family. If you are already working with a client base, add this to your list of therapies.
Indian Head Massage can be used as a stand alone treatment or included as part of another. The technique is thought over two days and there is a certificate presented to each participant on completion. Many people with no previous experience of working with massage or healing, learn this as a first step into alternative therapy. Those who have studied Reflexology, Shiatsu or KI Massage, Aromatherapy; Kinesiology etc have included this in their ongoing training as an addition to existing therapies.
- Absolutely brilliant really enjoyed the course feel totally relaxed and very well informed
- Thanks so much.
- Mary is an excellent teacher and imparts knowledge lovingly to the class. Facilities were very good.
- The weekend training was brilliant. I never did anything like this before, learned lots and enjoyed it very much.
- Mary was a great instructor and very experienced. I really enjoyed the course. I would highly recommend it to others. Physical environment was most pleasant.
- A very informative and enjoyable course. Great to meet people and enjoyed sharing opinions and Ideas.
- Overall a great experience. The atmosphere in class was fantastic. This has been a Joy.
Send to a friend
Castleview Holistic Centre
00 353 56-7708799
MOBILE: 00 353 86-1991223
E-mail me : firstname.lastname@example.org